Posted by Jess on Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 4:48pm.
His soul stretched tight across the skies
That fade behind a city block,
Or trampled by insistent feet
At four and five and six o’clock;
And short square fingers stuffing pipes,
And evening newspapers, and eyes
Assured of certain certainties,
The conscience of a blackened street
Impatient to assume the world.
I am moved by fancies that are curled
Around these images, and cling:
The notion of some infinitely gentle
Infinitely suffering thing.
Wipe your hand across your mouth, and laugh;
The worlds revolve like ancient women
Gathering fuel in vacant lots.
***I am not sure what literary technique is used in th beginning of the stanza... it could be Simile
i have a feeling it is a metaphor?
also the last image is displayed by the use of a simile right?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade math help square roots - 4. Wei-Min makes a square quilt that has an ...
- math - Wel-min makes a square quilt that has an area of 100 square feet.It has ...
- pre-algebra - Wel-min makes a square quilt that has an area of 100 square feet....
- Statistics - A manufacturer has designed a process to produce pipes that are 10 ...
- Pre-algebra - Dwayne walks a total of 960 feet around 3 sides of a square city ...
- Math - Six pipes each having a radius of 0.5 feet are stacked in a triangular ...
- Poetry (personification) - Think of two things that can have human body parts ...
- math - block A: mass = 100·g, spring stretched 10·cm block B: mass = 400·g, ...
- Math - A square field has an area of 22,500 square feet. To the nearest foot, ...
- Algebra - 69: 16x^2+8x-3. I inserted this into the quadratic formula and got -8...