Posted by audrey on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 5:33pm.
the base of a rectangular prism is congruent to the base of a pyramid. The height of the pyramid is 3 times the height of the prism. Which figure has a greater volume? Explain.
I'm terrible with these kind of word problems. If you could explain that would be great.
math - audrey, Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 5:39pm
can someone please help me!?!
math - Henry, Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 4:14pm
ht. of rectangle = h.
ht. of pyramid = 3h.
Vr = Ab*h = Volume of rectangle.
Vp = Ab*3h/3,
The "3s" cancel.
Therefore, Vp = Vr = Ab*h.
Based on the dimensions given,the
volume of the rectangle is equal to
the volume of the pyramid.
Ab*h = Volume of pyramid
math - Cindyflores, Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 7:12pm
A rectangular prism has a base of 12cm2 and a height of 6 cm what is its volume
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - the base of a rectangular prism is congruent to the base of a pyramid. ...
- math - the base of a rectangular prism is congruent to the base of a pyramid. ...
- Geometry - A rectangular pyramid fits exactly on top of a rectangular prism. ...
- math - check my answers pls 1. which solid has two bases that are triangles and ...
- geometry - 1. which solid has two bases that are triangles and three lateral ...
- geometry - check my answers pls 1. which solid has two bases that are triangles ...
- geometry - DIAGRAMS ARE HERE: type filedropper . c o m /diagrams (in .zip file) ...
- geography need help please - I need to pass my finals tomorrow! pleas help me! ...
- algebera - 1) Identify the solid form by the given net. :Triangular Prism :...
- Maths - Solve the equation:a right pyramid with vertical height stand on ...