Posted by Kay on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 3:05pm.
The sides of a triangular lot are represented by x, 2x, and 3x + 2. Find each side if the perimeter is 362 feet.
math - Math Nerd, Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 3:35pm
To find perimeter, you add up all the sides.
So, your equation would be:
Combine like terms:
Solve to get x by itself by subtracting 2.
Divide by 6
To find each side, substitute 6 in for x for each of the expressions, x, 2x, and 3x+2
Side one would be 6 feet
Side two would be 12 feet because 6(2) is 12
Side three would be 20 feet because 6(3) is 18 and adding 2 would give you 20.
math - Math Nerd, Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 3:37pm
O my, x=60, not 6.. My fault for overlooking that.
The three sides would be,
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - The sides of a triangular lot are represented by x, 2x, and 3x + 2. ...
- CSC - A vacant city lot is being turned into a neighborhood garden. The ...
- Geometry - Two of the sides of a triangular lot have lengths of 90 feet and 80 ...
- diff calculus - 1.) triangular corner lot has perpendicular sides of lengths 120...
- plane and spherical trigonometry - a farmer has a triangular garden with two ...
- Algebra - The perimeter of MNO is equal to the perimeter of square ABCD. If the ...
- math - The physical education teacher marked off a triangular section of the gym...
- math - A building lot in a city is shaped as a 30° -60° -90° triangle. The side ...
- Geometry - The perimeter of a Triangle(MNO) is equal to the perimeter of square ...
- prealgebra - A building lot in a city is shaped as a 30° -60° -90° triangle. The...