Posted by Camile on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 8:49pm.
a line RS is perpendicular to plane p at R. If T is a second point not on. Can RT be perpendicular to plane P?
Lines AB and LM are each perpendicular to plane P. Are AB and LM coplanar?
Plan P is perpendicular to AB at B. Plane Q intersects AB at P. Can Q be perpendicular to AB?
Math - Reiny, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 9:02pm
Suppose you are standing a ruler on the floor, the ruler is RS, and it is perpendicular to the floor.
If T is not along this ruler, could RT be parallel to ruler RS ??? (NO)
think of a table with 4 legs.
All the legs would be perpendicular to the table and parallel to each other. Could you imagine a plane containing two of the legs? (YES)
I don't follow the wording of the 3rd question
Math - Camile, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 9:04pm
I wrote the question wrong. its supposed to be
Plan P is perpendicular to AB at B. Plane Q intersects AB at B. Can Q be perpendicular to AB?
Math - Reiny, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 9:12pm
depends on your definition of "intersects"
Imagine a wall and the floor, the wall being Q and the floor being P. They would be perpendicular.
Along the wall draw a line AB, with B on the floor and AB perpendicular with the floor.
Does the wall "intersect" the line AB at B, that is, is B on he wall?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - a line RS is perpendicular to plane p at R. If T is a second point ...
- Geometry - I don't get these questions Is there exactly one plane containing two...
- math - Given the plane 2x-3y+7z=4, a) Find the equation for the line ...
- Math - Given the plane 2x-3y+7z=4, find the equation for the line perpendicular ...
- Math - Line m is perpendicular to plane A. how many planes can contain line m ...
- High School Geometry - I am have a hard time understanding how A and B can be No...
- Calculus - a) Find parametric equations for the line through (4, 1, 4) that is ...
- physics - You push a 320 N trunk up a 20.0° inclined plane at a constant ...
- Math please help?!?! - Point A lies in plane B. How many lines can be drawn ...
- Math - Point A lies in plane B. How many lines can be drawn perpendicular to ...