Posted by Alz on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 5:29pm.
The decision of the supreme court in the 1896 Plessy v. Ferguson case is important because it
1) upheld the legality of sharecropping
2) denounces the violence of the Ku Klux Klan
3) approved separate but equal facilities for black Americans
4) declared slavery to be illegal.
- US history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 5:51pm
We'll be glad to check your answer.
- US history - Alz, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 6:01pm
The answer is 1. right?
- US history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 6:08pm
If you're going to post on this forum, at least take the time to read the first paragraph of the recommended website.
- US history - Alz, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 6:15pm
I did read it. I am just confused between 1 and 4 because my teacher was talking about something regarding sharecropping related to Plessy v. Ferguson case today and i didn't get it.
- US history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 6:21pm
You sure didn't get it.
Here's the first paragraph of the Wikipedia article linked above.
"Plessy v. Ferguson, 163 U.S. 537 (1896), is a landmark United States Supreme Court decision in the jurisprudence of the United States, upholding the constitutionality of state laws requiring racial segregation in private businesses (particularly railroads), under the doctrine of "separate but equal"."
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- History - In the case of Plessy v Ferguson, the Supreme Court focused its ...
- History - The Supreme Court's decision in Plessy v. Furguson (1896): Select one...
- History - I swear this is not a cheat, So Plessy v. Ferguson Supreme Court ...
- Research Paper - My topic was Jim Crow Laws. I have to write a 5 page research ...
- s.s - According tot he excerpt, violence by the Ku Klux Klan against african ...
- history - In 1896, the supreme court ruled in Plessy V. Ferguson that- A. ...
- ss - What was the significance of the court case of Plessy vs. Ferguson
- Paralegal - In the case of Florida v. Enio Jimeno: a.What is the correct ...
- history - against the Ku Klux Klan. Together, these were known as the _______ ...
- History help - 1. The U.S. Supreme Court Decision in Plessy v. Ferguson said ...