posted by Henry1 on .
Could you please check these sentences I wrote containing phrasal verbs?
1) I'll come with you as soon as I get through with my homework.
We'll have to get together and choose a textbook for next year's students.
2) I gave away all me school books when I moved into my new house.
Get yourself together and listen to my advice before you act.
3) I've been trying to contact you for the last few days but I couldn't get through.
4) That Moroccan pedlar (street trader, hawker ?)will come down five dollars if you bargain.
Prices are coming down now.
Everybody says that my son takes after me.
5) Some friends will take over my flat when I'm on holiday.
When I'm away, my brother takes over the company (I mean the direction of the company)
6) My son has learnt to add up numbers and to take them away too.
What do you get if you take away twenty-five from a hundred?
7) You get /you are left with twenty-five. When I retire I think I'll take up painting.She took up my offer of a weekend at the seaside.
2. ... all my school books ...
3. comma after "days"
6. My son has learned to add and subtract numbers.