Posted by jason on Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 4:38pm.
Can someone please make a literal meaning for each line in Robert Frost's Poem 'Out, Out'?
(For lines 27-34 only)
and techniques used?
So. The hand was gone already.
The doctor put him in the dark of ether.
He lay and puffed his lips out with his breath.
And then - the watcher at his pulse took a fright.
No one believed. They listened to his heart.
Little - less - nothing! - and that ended it.
No more to build on there. And they, since they
Were not the one dead, turned to their affairs.
- English (Robert Frost) - Writeacher, Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 4:51pm
Please note that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over whatever you come up with and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think.
- English (Robert Frost) - Writeacher, Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 4:53pm
The word "ether" should tell you that someone was being put under anesthesia, probably for surgery. Once you realize that, it should not be at all difficult to understand this.
Line by line, what do you think is happening?
Answer this Question
- English - what techniques in robert frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken" were used...
- frost - whatt is the significance of the poem The Road not taken by Robert Frost...
- Robert Frost - What did Robert Frost write about in his poetry? I think he wrote...
- Language Arts - What is the figurative meaning of the roads diverging in Robert ...
- English - fire and ice poem by robert frost. i have to write about how...... ...
- 5th grade - HOW MANY SYLLABLES ARE THERE IN EACH LINE OF THIS POEM THE ROAD NOT...
- English 1 - What rhyme scheme does Robert Frost use in his poem "The Road Not ...
- Poem: The road not taken by Robert Frost - Could you check these answers thanks...
- Robert Frost/English/Ms.Sue - Yes, i'm referring to the Poem. I don't understand...
- qoute - "The best way out is always through" Robert Frost