1. Let (-7, 4) be a point on the terminal side of (theta). Find the exact values of sin(theta), csc(theta), and cot(theta).
2. Let (theta) be an angle in quadrant IV such that sin(theta)=-2/5. Find the exact values of sec(theta) and tan(theta).
3. Let (theta) be an angle in quadrant II such that csc(theta)=7/4. Find the exact values of tan(theta) and cos(theta).
4. Use a cofunction to write an expression equal to csc(3pi/8).
Thank You <3
Math - Reiny, Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 10:33am
1. (-7,4) is in quadrants II,
so x=-7, y = 4
by Pythagoras, r = √(49 = 16) = √65
sinØ = y/r = 4/√65
cscØ = r/y = √65/4
cotØ = x/y = -7/4
2. since sinØ = -2/5 and Ø is in IV,
y = -2, r = 5, then x^2 + 4 = 25
x = √21
can you finish the rest?
Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 3:08am