Posted by Julie Charmster on Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 4:22am.
A pile of 108 identical books has a mass of 30 kg.
(a)the mass of 150 books and
(b)the number of books that has a mass of 20 kg
- Math - Jai, Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 4:38am
(a) to get this, we just use ratio and proportion:
let x = weight of 150 books.
108 books : 30 kg = 150 books : x kg
we can thus rewrite this as
108/30 = 150/x
3.6 = 150/x
x = 150/3.6
x = 41.67 kg
(b) we also use ratio and proportion here:
let y = number of books that has weight of 20 kg.
108 books : 30 kg = y books : 20 kg
108/30 = y/20
3.6 = y/20
y = 3.6*20
y = 72 books
hope this helps~ :)
- Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 1:11pm
the mass of 108 books=30 kg
the mass of one book=30/108
the mass of 150 books=150*5/8
- Math - Elinel, Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 5:00am
5/15 x 150=41. 2/3kg
Please correct me!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A pile of 108 identical books has a mass of 30 kg. Find (a)the mass of ...
- Math - 400 exercise books are arranged into 3 piles.The first has 5 more books ...
- 4th Grade Math Correction - PLEASE HELP.I am sorry. I posted the question wrong ...
- 4th Grade Math - 300 exercise books are arranged into 3 piles. The first pile ...
- PrimaryMatheMatics 4A textbook - 3000 Exercise books are arranged into 3 piles....
- MATH HELP!!!! - 3000 exercise books are arranged in 3 piles.the first pile has ...
- math - 3000 exercise books are arranged in 3 piles.The first pile has 10 more ...
- Mathematics - 1.find the capacity of rectangular tone in liters.. Length 5.5 ...
- mass media - who determines what will be printed and how access to information ...
- math - MEghan had 36 books in her locker. Some were library books, text books ...