Posted by Susan on Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 6:30pm.
Movies A survey of 350 customers was taken at Regal Cinemas in Austin, Texas, regarding the type of movies customers liked. The following information was determined.
• 196 liked dramas.
• 153 liked comedies.
• 88 liked science fiction.
• 59 liked dramas and comedies.
• 37 liked dramas and science fiction.
• 32 liked comedies and science fiction.
• 21 liked all three types of movies
Of the customers surveyed, how many liked
• a) none of these types of movies?
• b) only dramas?
• c) exactly one of these types of movies?
I do not know how to determne how to get the answers the A, B and C nor how to input it into a Venn Diagram
- College Math - Damon, Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 6:53pm
Draw 3 overlapping circles, D, C and SF.
Way in the middle where all three overlap, put 21
Where only D and C overlap, put 59
Where D has no overlap with others pu 196
now you have to work from the inside out
to figure out how many like each 2 or each 1 exclusively
For example those liking only D and C
59-21 = 38
D and SF = 37-21 =16
C and SF = 32-21 = 11
those liking D alone = 196 - 38-21-16 =
those liking C alone = 153-38-21-11 =
those liking SF alone = 88-16-11-21 =
NOW do the problem
none = 350 - 121-38-21-16-83-11-40 = 20
121+83+40 = 244
Check my arithmetic!!!
Answer this Question
- Math - Movies A survey of 350 customers was taken at Regal Cinemas in Austin, ...
- math - in one elementary school class the following information on sports ...
- Math - 120 students were surveyed about their food preferences. 62 liked pizza,...
- Math Finite - College students were polled about favorite types of food. 50% ...
- Math (venn diagram) - 120 students were surveyed about their food preferences. ...
- STATS - Prepare a Venn diagram giving the probabilities for each distinct area; ...
- Math Venn Diagram - I need help with these questions: A survey of 115 children ...
- Math--MS SUE! - I need help with these questions: A survey of 115 children found...
- Help with Math!--MS. SUE! - Hello I need some help with these questions. A ...
- Math - Hello I need some help with these questions. A survey of 115 children ...