Posted by Leslie on Friday, May 13, 2011 at 8:26pm.
My last set of Questions:
Match the part of speech for each word.
c. antecedent ????
1. I read Moby Dick and Wuthering Heights last semester.
a. read = f. verb
b. last = d. adjective
c. and = h. conjunction
2. My brother was discharged and will follow up next week.
a. my = b. pronoun
b. will follow up = ????
3. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, which is why we call it the present.
a. Yesterday = a. noun
b. tomorrow = a. noun
c. gift = a. noun
d. call = f. verb
e. it = b. pronoun
i. present = a. noun (?adjective)
4. We always eat fish on Fridays.
a. always = e. adverb
b. on = g. conjunction
Thank You - Let you know how I do.
Grammar-Writeacher - Writeacher, Friday, May 13, 2011 at 8:39pm
2. my = correct; will follow up = the verb, yes. This is an example of what are called Phrasal Verbs: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/phrasals.htm
3. correct; and yes, "present" is a noun.
4. "on" is not a conjunction.
Grammar-Writeacher - Leslie, Friday, May 13, 2011 at 9:10pm
Carelessness gets you every time!
If you look I put in the correct letter- g. but wrote the wrong thing.
on = preposition.
Thank you again Writeacher - it has been a long week - started this module May 2 - and with Jiskha May 8th.
I am going to submit the test tomorrow am -
Have a good week-end.
Grammar-Writeacher - Writeacher, Friday, May 13, 2011 at 9:11pm
You, too, Leslie!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English part of speech Help - The part of speech is in all caps: 1. "Way too ...
- Grammar-Writeacher - Match the part of speech: a. noun b. pronoun c. antecedent...
- Check these ASAP please!!! - Please check these: 1.A 2.C 3.C 4.B 5.B...
- english - 1. The young student (noun), who was new to (preposition) the school...
- Grammar - For each word, label the parts of speech. We have to leave immediately...
- english - 1.Is the underlined verb transitive or intransitive? The pilot STEERED...
- Grammar ~CHECK MY WORK PLEASE~ - THE STARS NEXT TO IT ARE MY ANSWERS!! Select ...
- English - Select the part of speech that correctly identifies the italicized ...
- grammar - This = adjective sharply = adverb through = preposition and = ...
- grammar - was brought = conjunction and = conjunction anesthesia = noun upper = ...