Posted by Cheryl on Friday, May 13, 2011 at 11:46am.
1. Find the x-intercept and the y-intercept of 8x - 2y = -24.
a. x= -7, y= 2
b. x= -4, y= 14
c. x= -3, y= 12
d. x= -7, y= -2
Find the x- and y- intercept of the line 2x + 3y = -18.
a. x-intercept is 18, y-intercept is 18
b. x-intercept is -6, y-intercept is 9.
c. x-intercept is 2, y-intercept is 3.
d. x-intercept is -9, y-intercept is -6.
- Algebra: Check please!!! - MathMate, Friday, May 13, 2011 at 12:20pm
They are both incorrect.
To find the x-intercept of the line
L : ax + by + c = 0
you would set y=0, (that is, where the line intersects the x-axis) and solve for x in :
ax + b(0) + c =0
To find the y-intercept, you would similarly set x=0, where L intersects the y-axis, and solve for y:
a(0) + by + c =0
Try the problems using the above methods and post your answers for checking if you wish.
- Algebra: Check please!!! - tyquan odom, Friday, December 12, 2014 at 12:25pm
what is the intercept form of -3x+3y=15
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra: x and y intercept, someone check please - 1. Find the x-intercept and ...
- Math please check my answer? - 1)6x+11y=30 A) x-intercept= (-24,0);y intercept...
- Algebra 1--Please, help me! - 1. What are the x- and y-intercepts of the line ...
- algebra - Find the x- and y-intercept of the line. -7/5x -4y = 7 A. x -intercept...
- Algebra - The table below represents the function f(x). (-6, 12),(-5,-8),(-4,-4...
- Algebra - The equations for two functions are shown below. f(x) = x + 3 and g(x...
- Algebra - What are the intercepts of the equation? Graph the equation. -3x + 4y...
- Algebra - Find the slope and the y-intercept. y=5x I know the slope would be 5, ...
- Mat/116 Algebra - Hello I'm having some difficulities learning about the ...
- algebra 1 - If the graph of a line has a positive slope and a negative y-...