Posted by Abigail on Friday, May 13, 2011 at 12:15am.
Find the derivative of
Ok so I'm having a little confusion with the chain rule and I'm not sure if my answer is right...
will the answer be... 2x(-cos^-2(x^2)(-sin(x^2)?
Calculus - Jai, Friday, May 13, 2011 at 12:42am
recall that the derivative of cos^-1 (x) or arccos (x) is
-1/[sqrt(1-x^2)] * dx
thus the derivative of cos^-1 (x^2)
-(2x)/[sqrt(1 - x^4)]
note that the 2x is the dx that came from the derivatice of the term inside the cos^-1, which is x^2.
hope this helps~ :)
Calculus - Bosnian, Friday, May 13, 2011 at 12:59am
In google type:
When you see list of results click on first link.
When page be open click option derivatives.
When that page be open in rectangle type your function and click option DO IT.
You will see solution step by step.
Calculus - Bosnian, Friday, May 13, 2011 at 1:00am
If cos^-1(x^2) mean 1/cos(x^2)
If cos^-1(x^2) mean arccos(x^2)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus 12th grade (double check my work please) - 1.)Find dy/dx when y= Ln (...
- calculus - Could someone check my reasoning? thanx Find the derivative of the ...
- Calculus - I have y = sin^2(3^(x)) which I rewrite as y = (sin(3^(x)))^2 I got ...
- Cos-Derivative - y= (cos^3 x) (cos 3x) I got -3 sin(3x) cos^3x - 3 sin(x) cos (...
- Calculus - Find f'(x) if f(x)=sin^3(4x) A. 4cos^3(4x) B. 3sin^2(4x)cos(4x) C. ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- Math - Solve this equation algebraically: (1-sin x)/cos x = cos x/(1+sin x) --- ...
- calculus - Find the points on the curve y= (cos x)/(2 + sin x) at which the ...
- Math, derivatives - f(x) = x² + 2Cos²x, find f ' (x) a) 2(x+cos x) b) x - sin x ...
- Calculus - Use implicit differentiation to find dy/dx. e^4x = sin(x+2y). This is...