Posted by Leslie on Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 10:17pm.
Choose the best answer:
1.The number of spurs ( 'is', 'are', 'am') not identifiable.
2. One of the injection sites on the biceps ( seem, seems, seeming) inflamed.
3. Digital examination of the lungs ( reveals, reveal, revealing) consistent pink tissue.
4. The patient's family is less agreeable than ( she, her, them).
Thank - you
- Grammar - SraJMcGin, Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 10:29pm
1. number is (spurs are) but here the subject is "number"
4. she (than she is)
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 10:32pm
The subject, "number," is singular, so the verb is "is."
Note that "spurs" can't be the subject because it's in a prepositional phrase (of spurs.)
This is tricky -- but in this construction, what you mean is: ". . . less agreeable than she is."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grammar - Multiple Choice. Choose the best answer. 1.The number of spurs (is, ...
- Grammar - Choose the best answer. 1. Histologic sections of the appendix (show, ...
- Grammar - 1. An argument between her boyfriend and her / she resulted in the ...
- Business English - Which of the following, if any, is the BEST replacement for "...
- Algebra - Simplify the expressions and solve the equations 1. 2√3 - √...
- Lang. Arts - Which one of these doors seeems to be the most promising? I had to ...
- Cirriculum Development - When Amy's grandmother did die it would be appropriate ...
- English - I give an examination tomorrow.So I need a help. Nearly crying,her ...
- Psychology - Consider the interpretation of psychological findings. You are ...
- Math - ok we got this packet that has an answer key and we g0tta show our work ...