Posted by n gibs on Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 3:49pm.
Toward the end of the twelfth century, the Japanese emperor and his court were supplanted by a warrior society in Japan. This Shogunate governance period was also marked by the rise of the Zen Buddhist religion. These developments, especially the power exerted by the warrior society, influenced Japanese art of that time.
State some basics of Zen and apply them to two topics such as gardens, painting, or the tea ceremony. Explain how it is uniquely Japanese and why it is so important in Japanese history and culture
art - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 3:59pm
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
art - SraJMcGin, Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 4:05pm
Having lived in Japan, this period of history is very interesting to me. Here are some sites you might like. Try some that look interesting to you:
1. Zen Buddhism:
2. Japanese gardens:
3. Japanese painting:
4. Japanese tea ceremony:
People study for YEARS and each movement is so precise.
Art - Marie Delle C. Cabigon, Friday, January 10, 2014 at 8:33am
i WASliving in the philippines.
While i was arting, i will use watercolor, crayons, and colered pencil.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- world history - Select the Japanese figure of the feudal warrior society whose ...
- Art History - I am looking for some pointers, ideas or links to resources. ...
- w.g - who was asoka? A) a buddhist emperor of the mauryan empire B)**a buddhist ...
- art history - Please help me with some resources: The period of 1880-1914 ...
- history - What is the relationship between the ruling class and warrior class in...
- History - Immediately after World War II, General MacArthur’s responsibilities ...
- Social Studies - Can you please check my answers. What caused the rise of the ...
- US history - After dropping two atomic bombs on Japan, the United States: 1. ...
- History - History of Japan questions? Could someone give some information on the...
- social studies - History of Japan questions? Could someone give some information...