Posted by Vania on Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 2:22am.
can someone please show me how to verify this identity?
(sec x/csc x minus cot x) minus (sec x/csc x + cot x)= 2 csc x
pre cal - Reiny, Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 7:35am
(sec x/(csc x - cot x) - (sec x/(csc x + cot x))= 2 csc x or
sec x/csc x - cot x - sec x/csc x + cot x= 2 csc x
The way you typed it, according to order of operation, it would be that last one, but that is not an identity.
(sec x/(csc x - cot x) - (sec x/(csc x + cot x))= 2 csc x
LS = (secxcscx + secxcotx - secxcscx + secxcotx)/(csc^2x - cot^2x)
= 2secxcotx/(csc^2x - (csc^2x - 1))
pre cal - andy, Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 11:48am
Need some help with this: find all solutions of cot^2 x=3 in the interval [0,2pi)
pre cal - Anonymous, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 1:21am
Verify the Identity for (1-tanx)^2 = sec^2x-2tanx
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trig verifying identities - I am having trouble with this problem. sec^2(pi/2-x...
- Math - Trig - I'm trying to verify these trigonometric identities. 1. 1 / [sec(x...
- verifying trigonometric identities - How do I do these problems? Verify the ...
- trig - verify (csc^4-1)/cot^2x=2+cot^2x So this is what I have so far on the ...
- Trigonometry - Hello all, In our math class, we are practicing the trigonometric...
- trigonometry repost - Reduce (csc^2 x - sec^2 X) to an expression containing ...
- trig - verify : [sec(x) / csc(x) - cot(x)] - [sec(x) / csc(x) + cot(x)] = 2csc(x...
- math - Verify that sec(θ)/csc(θ)-cot(θ) - sec(θ)/csc(θ...
- trigonometry - Verify that sec(θ)/csc(θ)-cot(θ) - sec(θ)/csc...
- Pre-Calculus - I don't understand,please be clear! Prove that each equation is ...