Posted by anthony on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 4:21pm.
1. Select the letter of the sentence in which the correct pronoun is used.
A. Who has the nominated committee selected for club president?
B. John Adams was the first president whom lived in the White House.
C. Who do you think will be the winner of the next election?
D. The award who go to whomever is chosen by the class.
I think it's D?
2. Select the letter of the sentence in which the correct pronoun is used.
A. The voters in the district cast its ballots in the primary election.
B. Each of the candidates presented their platform before the Women's Club.
C. Every woman at the meeting stated their opinion of the candidates.
D. Later the Women's Club conducted a straw poll among its members.
I think it's C?
3. Select the letter of the sentence in which the correct pronoun is used.
A. Dan and Nicholas wanted to go to the movies, but he forgot to bring money.
B/ People who go camping should remember that you always need to take a flashlight.
C. The last time Kevin and Denise were here was right after she had broken her ankle.
D. In the magazine article I just read, it pointed out that the Florida panther is endangered as a result of habitat loss.
I think it's D?
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 4:31pm
1. incorrect (This one is rather tricky.)
3. incorrect (also rather tricky)
- English - anthony, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 4:37pm
For #1, I meant "the award will go to whomever is chosen by the class"
# 2, I think it is B?
#3, I think it's C?
- English - anthony, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 5:02pm
hey I'm thinking #1 is C???
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 5:14pm
1 ia D.
"to whomever" is correct only if "whomever" is an object, but in this case the entire clause is the object of "to." "It should be "whoever" because that word is the SUBJECT of the verb "is chosen."
2. I think you're guessing!
3. Correct, it's C.
- English - anthony, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 5:19pm
so #1 is D?
I'm not guessing, just thought that was the answer. # 2 has to be D then?
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 5:34pm
Yes, it's D.
The pronoun "it's" agrees with Women's Club, a singular noun.
Answer this Question
English - 1. Select the letter that indicated the correct modifier in the ...
English - 1. Select the letter of the sentence in which the correct pronoun is ...
math - suppose you write each letter of your first and last on a seperate index ...
English - I'm a 7 Letter Words, You Read me daily, My 5, 6, 7th Letter increases...
English - Seven letter word , second letter an a , fourth letter an e, and sixth...
english - What is 7 letter word for finished. 3rd letter is R and 5th letter is ...
English - Select the letter of the sentence in which the mood of the verb is ...
Com - There are many distinctions among the different types of communication ...
math - In an experiment, Marissa must select a letter card below and spin the ...
literature - I have to answer some questions for my english class on the Scarlet...