Posted by Allyson on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 2:58pm.
Okay, so this is just a few setences from my paragraph and I'm not sure how to continue with it.
Another example would be that Romeo does kill himself, since he thinks that Juliet is dead. Next, Since he kills himself for Juliet, it's showing how much he really does love her. The metaphor is that if you really love someone, you will take the bullet for them, Romeo on the other hand took that serious and really did kill himself. In his eyes, Love is truley a powerful emotion to him.
Does this sound good?
- Romeo and Juliet Essay Question! - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 3:02pm
It's wordy in a few places, and somewhat repetitive.
Also, since you haven't posted the context, we have no idea what you've already written. "Another example" -- example of what? other examples??
Wordy: "Next, Since he kills himself for Juliet, it's showing how much he really does love her." How can you write that in fewer words, with no repetition?
What is "it" (the word after Juliet)?
How can you revise and get the "you" words out of there?
There are a couple of capital letters in there that baffle me.
Do you have a spell checker?
- Romeo and Juliet Essay Question! - Allyson, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 3:07pm
Yes, I've got a spell checker. It's the interwebs and fairly just a rough draft. But thank you for helping me. I do realize it's wordy and I'm going to try and bring it down.
- Romeo and Juliet Essay Question! - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 3:17pm
Here are some ideas to help with wordiness.
Be sure to repost if you want someone here to read your next draft.
- Romeo and Juliet Essay Question! - Anonymous, Friday, November 11, 2011 at 8:05pm
who killed juliet
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Romeo and Juliet (English Literature) - 1. To what heavenly body does Romeo ...
- English 9 - . Read the following line from Romeoís monologue in Act II, Scene 2 ...
- How can I show that Love is a Powerful Emotion? - PLEASE READ THIS In my essay ...
- Romeo and Juliet - Read the following line from Romeo's monologue in Act II, ...
- English - i have to write an essay based on Romeo and Juliet. The thesis is ...
- What is a good quote for Romeo and Juliet? - What is a good quote for me to ...
- English - When Romeo learns of Juliet's "death" (Act 5 Scene 1), he plans to be ...
- Romeo and Juliet Quick Question - I'm doing a paper on act 5 of romeo and juliet...
- ELA - is this a good introduction paragraph? "Although Julietís suitors Paris ...
- English - Do you believe in love at first sight? Romeo and Juliet evidently did...