Fine until you get to 7. Then you start confusing verbs with adverbs.
7. They played the games outside. Adverb=played
played is a verb
8. The players spent all day there. Adverb=spent
no, spent is verb, there describes verb, is adverb.
9. Sometimes the game continued for day. Adverb continued
no, continued is verb, what the game did.
Sometimes describes verb.
To tell try replacing with an ly ending
Happily the game continued for days.
10. Later lacrosse changes. Adverb=changes
Awk ! changes is verb
Try replacing Later with happily.
See? Later is the adverb.
11. Canadians partially changed
the stick and the net. Adverb=partially
Yes, yes, if it ends in ly you get it, so try my ly trick on others.
12. Lacrosse is a game that is still frequently played by many. Adverb=frequently
13. The audience cheers excitedly when someone makes a goal. Adverb=excitedly
14. At the end of the game, the players often rest. Adverb=rest
try -- the players "happily " rest.
It works, so I claim that "often" is the adverb
Here rst is the verb, what they are doing, the action (or in this case inaction)
15.. The winners are warmly congratulated. Adverb= warmly
5. Hundreds of players faced each other bravely. Adverb=faced
You have selected some verbs as adverbs. Notice how many adverbs end in "ly" but of course not all. What is an adverb?
Please review this website and you'll want to change some of your answers:
Incorrect: 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14 (many of these are verbs, not adverbs)
Additional adverbs in 3, 12
Remember that adverbs tell WHERE, WHEN, HOW, etc. Look up words in a good dictionary to find their parts of speech.
Emily - Iddetifying Adverbs, need to find all adverbs in the sentences below ...
lang. arts - what questions do adverbs answer?
English - an adverb may also appear directly in front of the verb or at the very...
English - What is the adverb in these sentences? I got the answer, but can you ...
Language arts - I'm doing a 2min. Presentation to the class and I need to find ...
Science - Can you help me with Adverbs that describe motion? I'm doing on Soccer...
English - 1. Bob is 4 cm shorter than Emily. 2. Mr. Pitt is 16 kg heavier than ...
English - 1. Who weighs more, Mr. Pitt or Emily?. -Mr. Pitt weighs more than ...
English - I don't need help getting the question answered, just explained? help ...
adverbs - Which sentence has 2 adverbs? She quickly ran across the bridge. or He...