Fine until you get to 7. Then you start confusing verbs with adverbs.
7. They played the games outside. Adverb=played
played is a verb
8. The players spent all day there. Adverb=spent
no, spent is verb, there describes verb, is adverb.
9. Sometimes the game continued for day. Adverb continued
no, continued is verb, what the game did.
Sometimes describes verb.
To tell try replacing with an ly ending
Happily the game continued for days.
10. Later lacrosse changes. Adverb=changes
Awk ! changes is verb
Try replacing Later with happily.
See? Later is the adverb.
11. Canadians partially changed
the stick and the net. Adverb=partially
Yes, yes, if it ends in ly you get it, so try my ly trick on others.
12. Lacrosse is a game that is still frequently played by many. Adverb=frequently
13. The audience cheers excitedly when someone makes a goal. Adverb=excitedly
14. At the end of the game, the players often rest. Adverb=rest
try -- the players "happily " rest.
It works, so I claim that "often" is the adverb
Here rst is the verb, what they are doing, the action (or in this case inaction)
15.. The winners are warmly congratulated. Adverb= warmly
5. Hundreds of players faced each other bravely. Adverb=faced
You have selected some verbs as adverbs. Notice how many adverbs end in "ly" but of course not all. What is an adverb?
Please review this website and you'll want to change some of your answers:
Incorrect: 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14 (many of these are verbs, not adverbs)
Additional adverbs in 3, 12
Remember that adverbs tell WHERE, WHEN, HOW, etc. Look up words in a good dictionary to find their parts of speech.
language arts (adverbs) - Modifying 1)what does the word (originally) modify in ...
adverbs - The sentence is Native Americans originally developed lacrosse what is...
english - What is the adverb(s) in the sentence "Lacrosse is a game that is ...
Emily - Iddetifying Adverbs, need to find all adverbs in the sentences below ...
grammar - adverbs-it was first played by the Iroquois
Grammar - He holds fast to his conviction that the world is out to get him. (...
11th grade english - I'm supposed to choose how the italicized noun clause is ...
11th grade english. Noun clauses - I'm supposed to choose how the italicized ...
Grammar - Adverbs modify verbs. Adjectives modify nouns. Adjective: That car is ...
english - For questions 13-15, select the answer that correctly identifies the ...