Posted by rj on Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:08pm.
Most of the vocabulary students will acquire throughout a school yearwill be through:
a. lessons you have taught throughout the school year;
b. classroom reading and self-selected reading;
c. specific strategies you've taught throughout the year;
d. none of the above
Research on second language vocabulary learning indicates that
a. some time should be spent on direct instruction;
b. time should be spent on classroom reading;
c. time should be spent on learning word lists;
d. all of the above
- Education - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:23pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- Education - rj, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:28pm
Well I thought the first one was A. and the next one was D. all of the above. Is that right?
- Education - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:34pm
First: Did you learn most of your vocabulary through direct classroom instruction? I doubt it.
Don't we learn new vocabulary through all of those means?
I agree with your second answer.
- Education - rj, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:36pm
Yes we learn from all those things but there is not all of the above answer?
- Education - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:39pm
Sorry, I misread the answer choices. I think the best answer is all of these. But since that's not one of your choices, then probably the answer your instructor wants is b., reading.
- Education - J, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 11:24pm
So are the answers B, and D
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Comm II - When you write a definition of something, I was taught in school that ...
- Self-Taught Mathematicians - Those of us who love math certainly know two basic ...
- Reading/ Writting - Why should Anne Frank be taught in middle school instead of ...
- AED - HELP ASAP... I need the following info. Classroom procedures in High ...
- help please :) - When is the best time to read review or discussion questions? A...
- reading - When is the best time to read review or discussion questions? (C is ...
- English - Can you help me check this letter, please? 1) teach German in a high ...
- please help - When is the best time to read review or discussion questions? A. ...
- help please - when is the best time to read reveiw or discussion a Question? a. ...
- Vocabulary question - I have been out of HS for more than 30 years and I was ...