Posted by Leslie on Monday, May 9, 2011 at 10:59am.
The carpal ligament was then carefully incised using a push technique.
Identify parts of speech:
carpal = adjective
was = verb
carefully = adjective
push = verb
technique = noun
- Grammar - Writeacher, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 11:04am
carpal = adjective yes
was = verb yes, it's an auxiliary (helping) verb; the whole verb is "was incised"
carefully = adjective no
push = verb no
technique = noun yes
- Grammar - Leslie, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 11:18am
carefully - adverb
push - noun
looked up in dictionary
- Grammar - Writeacher, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 11:23am
The word "push" is usually either a noun or a verb -- or it can be something else in technical language depending on how it's used in a sentence. In your sentence, "push" is being used to tell what kind of technique, right? If a word is describing a noun, what is it?
Yes, "carefully" is an adverb -- it tells HOW the ligament was incised.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- grammar - This = adjective sharply = adverb through = preposition and = ...
- Grammar - This was carried sharply down through the skin and subcutaneous tissue...
- Medical - Can some one please tell me all the: adjectives adverbs conjunctions ...
- Check these ASAP please!!! - Please check these: 1.A 2.C 3.C 4.B 5.B...
- English part of speech Help - The part of speech is in all caps: 1. "Way too ...
- Grammar-Writeacher - Match the part of speech: a. noun b. pronoun c. antecedent...
- grammar - he patient was brought 1 to the operating room, and2 Bier block ...
- Grammar-Writeacher - My last set of Questions: Match the part of speech for each...
- English - The infinitive is the most versatile verb form because it can be used ...
- English - Identify the word that best describes the bolded word. The interviewer...