Posted by Henry1 on Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:43am.
How can I distinguish in writing the title of a collection of a poem and a single poem?
Example: William Wordsworth Lyrical Ballads (italics + underlined??)
Preface to Lyrical Ballads
2) How can you point out that the students read the abridged edition of Conrad's Heart of Darkness?
Analysis and comment of the abridged edition of ....?
- English - SraJMcGin, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:55am
Here are some links to answer your first quetion (especially #5):
2) The students read the abridged edition of Conrad's Heart of Darkness.
- English - Writeacher, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:57am
1. Individual poems' titles need to be in quotation marks. A collection of poems published as a book -- the title needs to be either italicized or underlined.
Books: (Broken Link Removed)
Poems: (Broken Link Removed)
(Even though this webpage is entitled Essay or Article in a Collection..., it applies to individual poems, as well as individual essays or articles.)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- literature - What are the major points of the Preface to Lyrical Ballads by ...
- English - Can you help me check these sentences, please? Thank you very much for...
- literature - WHY IS THE PREFACE TO LYRICAL BALLADS CONSIDERED AS THE CENTRAL ...
- English - Can you please check these sentences on Wordsworth's life, please? 1)...
- English - I corrected the two sentences as you told me. Can you please check ...
- English - Can you please help me rephrase these questions? I know they are ...
- English - Can you please help me rephrase these questions? They should appear as...
- reading - what assonance is in the poem daffodils by william-wordsworth?
- Reading - Can I please get a personification in the poem daffodils by William ...
- english - what does structure mean when writing an essay on ballads If you mean ...