Posted by jenni on Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 11:03pm.
Would you like to help me answers some of my questions in Biology?
1/ Darwin concluded that the most well adapted individuals in a population will leave the most offspring for future generations. This can be considered a measure of an individual's..
b/ family tree
d/ trophic success
2/Structures that serve little or no purpose in the organism being considered, but are homologous to important structures in other organisms, are referred to as
3/Although they all have different phenotypes, the various breeds of domestic dogs have been selectively bred for specific desiable traits. This human- controlled activity is best described as
a/ natural selection
b/ artificial selection
c/ comparative anatomy
d/ convergent evolution
4/ Which of these interactions affects natural selection?
d/ all of these
5/ Natural selection selects for or against...
6/ Polyploidy as mechanism of speciation occurs most commonly in which of the following organisms?
e/ polychaete worms
7/ Among animals, it is believed that the most common mode of speciation is
8/ A breeder of thoroughbreds selects only the fastest horses for breeding stock. This is an example of artificial _________ selection
a/ frequency- dependent
9/ Species that are only distantly related but occupy similar environments often come to resemble each other through a process known as:
a/ genetic drift
b/ divergent evolution
c/ stabilizing selection
e/ convergent evolution
10/ Some animal species found in caves have tiny, nonfunctional eyes. These are BEST described as
a/ analogous structures
b/ homologous structures
c/ vestigial structures
Thanks so much.
- biology - PsyDAG, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 11:57am
We do not do your work for you. Once you have attempted to answer your questions, we will be happy to give you feedback on your work. Although it might require more time and effort, you will learn more if you do your own work. Isn't that why you go to school?
- biology - dee, Sunday, July 17, 2011 at 6:30pm
- biology - Lori, Monday, October 10, 2011 at 8:52pm
- biology - sdasda, Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 9:45am
- biology - Jill, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 3:55am
What would the answer to question 2 be?
Answer this Question
- Biology check please - 1. Who most influenced Darwin's idea that life could ...
- Biology - According to the Theory of Evolution, Natural Selection is the ...
- Biology - check my answers? 1. What is the difference between Darwin's theory of...
- Biology - Individuals whose characteristics are well-suited to their environment...
- AP BIOLOGY - I have a quiz on genetics on friday in AP Biology and I would like ...
- Biology - In a population of jaguars, a gene with two alleles encodes the fur ...
- English - Hey, Is this a text with a lot of mistakes in a/an, the? The most ...
- biology - In a laboratory population of diploid, sexually reproducing organisms ...
- Biology - Darwin was able to formulate his theory of evolution based on several ...
- Analyzing Data - Multiplying Rabbits Suppose that a pair of rabbits produces six...