Posted by Alliana on Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 8:06pm.
Our two souls therefore, which are one,
Though I must go, endure not yet
A breach, but an expansion,
Like gold to airy thinness beat.
If they be two, they are two so 
As stiff twin compasses are two ;
Thy soul, the fix'd foot, makes no show
To move, but doth, if th' other do.
And though it in the centre sit,
Yet, when the other far doth roam, 
It leans, and hearkens after it,
And grows erect, as that comes home.
Such wilt thou be to me, who must,
Like th' other foot, obliquely run ;
Thy firmness makes my circle just, 
And makes me end where I begun.
The poet was the dean of St. Paul's cathedral in London at the time of this writing. This means that he was one of the most powerful voices for the Church of England. Which best describes a debatable and controversial theological concept suggested in this section of the poem?
True love elevates lovers to the level of priests.
Marriage can be sustained without the presence of both parties.
The progress of the soul can be mapped using mathematical terms and tools.
The concept of the soul is analogous to a circle, implying that it can and will return to its origin.
The human soul is not individual and unique.
I am very confused with this question but i guessed the 4th one?
- english - joel mendez, Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 8:25am
(1) It was December 7, 1941. (2) The freighter Florentine, 320 miles northeast of the Hawaiian Island of Hilo was lumbering along at about 15 knots when the garbled message came in over the radio. (3) "Attack on Pearl Harbor; this is not a drill!" (4) With the message burned into his mind, First Mate Lovett all but ran up the ladder to the bridge. (5) "pearl Harbor," he choked out, "It's been attacked!" (6) Turning away from the ship's compass, Captain Steele looked at Lovett with narrowed eyes but made no reply. (7) "Should we change course, Skipper?" Lovett blurted. (8) Steele looked back at the ship's compass but still had nothing to say. (9) Lovett was beginning to feel frantic. (10) In measure tone he said, "The message said, This is no drill. Should we still make for Kodiak?"
- english - Anthony Lauziere, Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 9:16am
"Pearl Harbor" need to be capitalized.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- AP LIT - A VALEDICTION FORBIDDING MOURNING by John Donne As virtuous men pass ...
- English - I just wanted to add a few more things. I urgently need to express ...
- English - I urgently need you to check these sentences. 1) Our German partner ...
- English/Argument - Write the conclusion for the two premises of this syllogism. ...
- English - Writeacher, I urgently need you to check these sentences. 1) I'm ...
- Managerial Economics - What would it mean if an expansion path eventually had a ...
- English - 1. I like an apple. (one) 2. I like pears. (generic use) 3. I like a ...
- English - I urgently need to write a short email to a scholar specialized in ...
- physics - Two pipes, equal in length, are each open at one end. Each has a ...
- Physics - I have to write questions for our California Standards for Physics, ...