Posted by olek on Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 4:27pm.
The heights in centimetres of men in a sample selected at random may be modelled by a normal distribution with mean 180.5 and standard deviation 11.3.
1 Choose the option that is closest to the value above which 30% of the heights of men will lie.
Options for Question1
A 174.57 B 180.32 C 180.50 D 186.43 E 198.33 F 200.50
2 Choose the option that is closest to a range of values,symmetric
about the mean, within which the heights of approximately 80% of
men will lie.
Options for Question 2
A (157.0, 194.0) B (159.2, 201.8) C (167.8, 193.2) D (163.0, 198.0) E (166.0, 195.0) F (168.7, 192.2)
3 Choose the option that is closest to the percentage of heights of men below 170 cm.
Options for Question 3
A 17% B 18% C 19% D 40% E 41% F 42%
- maths - Reiny, Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 4:45pm
Use the second applet for your question
It is more accurate than tables and you don't even have to convert to z-scores.
- maths - olek, Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 5:04pm
does it mean that:
1. is D
2. is E
3. is B ?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - The heights in centimetres of men in a sample selected at random ...
- math - the sample of selected men have the average weight of 180 lb with the ...
- Prob and Stats - To estimate the mean height population of male students on your...
- Math (Statistic) - Considered the sampling distribution of a sample mean ...
- Math - 1.)Suppose you interview 10 randomly selected workers and ask how many ...
- Satistics - In North American, female adult heights are approximately normal ...
- stats please help ASAP!!! - A. The GPAs of all 5540 students enrolled at a ...
- stats - if the distribution of heights for adult men is approximately normal ...
- Statistics - 1. The scores of students on the ACT college entrance examination ...
- statistics - The scores of students on the ACT college entrance examination in ...