Posted by MATH HELP PLEASE on Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 3:52pm.
Vicki measured the length of 8 leaves. The lengths were 10 cm, 12 cm, 15 cm, 15 cm, 19 cm, 11 cm, 18 cm, and 15 cm.
What is the interquartile range of Vicki's data? answer choices are:
I chose 5 and it says that 6 is the correct answer. Can you please show me why?
I have Q1 = 11.5 and Q3 = 16.5.
Then 16.5 - 11.5 = 5 (So the IQR = 5)
- MATH 7th GRADE - bobpursley, Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 5:19pm
put them in order:
10, 11, 12, 15,15,15,18,19 8 data
divide them into quarters.
I agree with you.
- MATH 7th GRADE - Anonymous, Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 7:31pm
I think it is 12,15
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Vicki bought an ice cream cake cut into 6 equal pieces. Vicki, Margo,and ...
- Pre-calculus - Find the interquartile range and the semi-interquartile range of ...
- math - A baker measured the length of different loaves of bread. The ...
- math - Vicki is contemplating consolidating her federal student loans with Loan...
- math - Vicki is contemplating consolidating her federal student loans with Loan ...
- Math - Claudia has received 19 more Xmas cards than Larry. Larry has received 17...
- Math - The table below shows the number of students from different classes of ...
- Math 157 - I am having some trouble figuring out these two problems. 1. ...
- math 157 - Data on the highest and lowest number of hits by three baseball teams...
- statistics - The box plot below summarize the distributions of SAT verbal and ...