Posted by MaS on Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 2:29pm.
High Knob Mountain is 4044 ft. high.What is this distance in meters?
a. 6470 m
b. 102.8 m
c. 1233 m
d. 4000 m
I did it like this: 1yard=3f,so 4044ft=1348yd.
1yd=0.914m,so it gives 1232.072m
Maybe I did something wrong?but it does not match to any answer:(
Thanks for any help.
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 2:48pm
By using 1 yd. = 0.9144 m, I get 1,232.61 meters. Rounded that is 1233 m.
- math - MaS, Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 3:00pm
Thats interesting why books do not give the exact meaning?>_<
Thank You very much, Ms.Sue!
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 3:04pm
I typed yards meters into the Google search box to get 0.9144 m.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- College Math - High Knob Mountain is 4044 ft. high. What is this distance in ...
- college - high knob mountain is 4044 ft high. What is this distance in meters?
- math - michelle's mother bought three feet of ribbon for michell's new church ...
- science - Mount Everest stands at 8,850 meters high. Every year it grows 1cm. ...
- physics - Q. A person wants to shoot a rocket off of a mountain 3.26 km high so ...
- maths - one mountain is 5000 ft high and can be reached by cable car from ...
- Physical Geography - Will someone please check my work? I cannot seem to post ...
- Physics/math - A deep mountain valley is separated by two vertical cliffs. One ...
- Trig - Bob the ranger is atop a fire tower that i son the side of a mountain.The...
- physics - A deep mountain valley is separated by two vertical cliffs. One cliff ...