I need to find a good site containing colloquial expressions used in everyday conversations (example, at the phone, at meals etc).
1) Can you use the word “class party” where(to which?) you invite all your classmates? I’ll write you an invitation to my 18th birthday.
That wouldn't be a class party. It would be your party to which you invite your classmates! A class party is one that occurs in the classroom.
2) When will the party take place? Who will you invite? On which day will the party be? What will you wear? Will I have to dress up? Who will get the drinks?
To dress up means to dress more formally than just whatever most kids wear to school or on weekends. Usually that means a suit or tuxedo for boys and a special (and more formal) dress, long or short, for girls:
~ (Broken Link Removed)
3) I didn’t drink any beer last night.
Can I have the remote control? I want to switch over to Channel 3 and watch my favorite documentary.
4) Will you warm up the soup in the microwave for me, please?
This afternoon we went to Turin by car. My son went on the rides and enjoyed himself completely.
5) His attitude has changed since he tried to rape his daughter. <~~pronoun references?
When Prospero first arrived on the island, he treated Caliban well.
6) He taught him his<~~pronoun references? language and helped Caliban find the words when he was babbling. In his turn, Caliban showed him<~~pronoun reference? all the secrets of the island.
Be sure to explore these websites really thoroughly:
Go to Podcasts and YouTube.
There are several sections here that could be helpful.
I can't remember if I sent you this link before:
Answer this Question
English - Could you please check these few sentences? Thank you. It's urgent! 1...
English - Writeacher, I urgently need your help to check a few sentences on job...
English - I need to write two short paragraphs. The first should be a ...
English - 1. You are to finish this project by tomorrow. 2. You must finish this...
English - Practice makes perfect. This proverb is very important not only for ...
social studies - I need to research on this sentence: Canadians are providing ...
English - Grammar check - Could someone check these sentences to make sure they ...
English - Could you please check these sentences? Thank you very much, ...
English - I urgently need to know a good site where to find reading ...
English - Can you help me check these sentences please? I still have some doubts...