Posted by Shauntae on Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 1:19pm.
1. You are conducting research on sex differences in e-mails. Your hypothesis is that men use more declarative statements and women use more questions.
Answer each of the following questions.
• What might be the advantages of using the archival method?
• What might be the disadvantages of using the archival method?
Psychology - bobpursley, Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 2:39pm
I didn't know emails had sex characteristics. Oh, you mean the sender.
Archival method as in searching through old emails?
Well, whose files are you searching? Will that make a difference? That is going to take a long time, isn't it? Who is going to count something as a question. Often, in emails, people don't use punctuation, right.
Do men have more to declare? and Women have to ask what they meant?
Psychology - PsyDAG, Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 3:43pm
I definitely agree with bobpursley about defining your method of sampling e-mails.
In the terminology of psychology, sex is biological, while gender implies both biology and cultural/environmental factors.
I searched Google under the key words "archival method advantages" to get these possible sources:
In the future, you can find the information you desire more quickly, if you use appropriate key words to do your own search. Also see http://hanlib.sou.edu/searchtools/.
Psychology (more) - PsyDAG, Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 3:45pm
This article might also be helpful:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- General Psychology-5 - You are conducting research on sex differences in e-mails...
- psychology - you are conducting research on sex differencesin emails .Your ...
- Psychology - You are conducting research on sex differences in emails.Your ...
- methods of researh - you are conducting research on sex diffrences in e-mails....
- psychology - Now imagine that you are conducting research on the length of time ...
- Psychology - Now imagine that you are conducting research on the length of time ...
- Introduction to Psychology - New technology is a wonderul servant, but the ...
- psychology - I need some help.... In my study I am doing a comparison of the ...
- communications - Which would be an appropriate way to use the DECIDE tool in ...
- statistics - To find out what people think, the Gallup Poll selected a random ...