Posted by sandy on Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 10:56am.
how can i calculate the number of: 1.molecules in 30g water.2.atoms in 50 dm^3 nitrogen gas.3.nucleons in 10 cm^3 flourine gas?
Physical science - DrBob222, Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 12:34pm
One mole of water (18 grams) contains 6.022E23 molecules of H2O).
2. Hint: There are 6.022E23 molecules in 1 mole N2 which occupies 22.4 L at STP and the number of atoms is twice that.
3. Hint:How many moles F2 do you have? That will be 10cc/22,400 = ??
How many F2 molecules do you have? That will be moles x 6.022E23. How many atoms F2 do you have. You will have twice the number of molecules. How many nucleons do you have? There are 9 protons and 10 neutrons in each molecule of F2.
Physical science - john, Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 3:31pm
Calculate the total number of ions in 2,0g K2SO4
Physical science - Kajol, Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 12:57pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - Calculate the number of (a) atoms in 50 dm^3 nitrogen gas (b)nucleons ...
- physical science (chemistry) - calculate the number of atoms in 50 dm3 nitrogen ...
- Chemistry - Please show me the steps..... At STP, 3.00 L of nitrogen gas ...
- physical science - calculate the number of molecules in 30g water
- Chemistry - Calculate volume of ammonia gas produced at STP when 140g of ...
- Chemistry PLS HELP - The cover plate is removed from the gas jars shown iin the ...
- (1-13) Chemistry - Science - Which of the following effects will make the ratio...
- Physical science - The number of molecules in 30g of water?
- chemistry - how many molecules are in 5.5 moles of oxygen gas? How many atoms ...
- science - The average velocity of molecules of nitrogen gas (N2) at room ...