Posted by Christine on Friday, May 6, 2011 at 9:17pm.
In the equation
each letter represents a different nonzero digit. Determines the sum
i don't know how to do this
MATH - bobpursley, Friday, May 6, 2011 at 9:28pm
start with E. 4e is 20 + A or 10+A or A.
but it has to be divisible by 4, so A is 4 or 2 or 6. Think that out.
if A is 4, then 4E is 24, or 4, which means E is 6, or 1
Now try those combinations for A and E, and work on the other letters. Because I am so helpful, look at the leading digits: IF A is 4, then can E be 6? Look at the first digit now 4A=E+10 or 20. But the number EDCBA is the same number of digits as ABCDE, so no carry is involved, so E cannot be 6. So E is 1, which means A is 4
Now work on the tens digit the same way. Have fun.
MATH - Mgraph, Friday, May 6, 2011 at 9:57pm
The product of five-digits number by four equal five-digit number-->A=1 or A=2.
The last digit of number 4E is A-->A=2,E=8
MATH - bobpursley, Friday, May 6, 2011 at 10:27pm
Hmmm. I agree.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Each letter in the equation below represents a different digit from the ...
- 5th grade math - How do you do letter equations? "Each letter in the equation ...
- math - There are eight different two-digit numbers: AD, BA, BG, CE, DB, DH, EF ...
- math - Each time the same letter appears it represents the same digit.Different ...
- math - If 3 different digits represent 3 different letters and each time a ...
- Math - A license plate manufacturer is punching plates with pattern: L#L-##LL ...
- Math - Someone please help me! please. Each letter represents a different digit...
- Math - Each letter in the subtraction problem below represents a different digit...
- Math - A warranty identification number for a certain product consists of a ...
- Calculus - In the multiplication shown below, the digits have been replaced by ...