posted by Henry1 on .
I'm sending you the ones I need most. Thank you.
4) The sound of the street organ reminds her of the night that her mother died, and how her father had paid a street organ player to move off, and how he had cursed all the foreigners.
5) She sees her mother’s last words meaningless. She sees her mother’s life as a “life of commonplace sacrifices closing in final craziness”.
She is caught between the passivity of her home city and a future far from her family with Frank.
6) Eveline is on the quayside. A swaying crowd surrounds her. She is paralysed and is not able to get on board the ship. Her relationship with Frank turns out to be a superficial one since she dare not take risks.
7) She understands that her affections for her family are the most important ones even if that place is a home with dusty curtains and that family contains a frequently drunken and abusive father.
4. I don't understand what this means: "to move off..." and who is "he" -- her father or the organ player?
5. Insert "as" after "words"
7. comma after "ones"