Posted by natalie on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 4:51pm.
Renee must solve the equation 4x+12=6x.
If she subtracts 4x from the left side of the equation, what should renee write on the right side of the equation?
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 4:59pm
6x - 4x = 2x
math - natalie, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 5:00pm
i do not understand how to do this. can you please explain.
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 5:04pm
4x - 4x + 12 = 6x - 4x
12 = 2x
12/2 = x
6 = x
math - natalie, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 5:06pm
ok i understand now thank you.
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 5:18pm
:-) You're welcome
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Economics - Write the equation of exchange. Define each variable in the ...
- MATH PLEASE CHECK IT!!2 - m-2/m-5*m+5/m-2=-1 If your problem is this: (m - 2)/(m...
- math - Heather is solving an equation by graphing the expressions on both sides...
- Math - What should Edna do to solve for m in the equation? 65 = m + 29 A) add 29...
- Math - Create an equation where the left side is a cubic function and the right ...
- algebra - Set the equations equal to each other so you can determine when the ...
- Mat - write the equation of the line passing through each of the given pairs of ...
- math - The scale balanced when n+20=80 Suppose the left side becomes n+3 How can...
- Math - How could Jason solve for T in this equation? T - 8 = 40 A) add 8 to the ...
- Algebra - Thank you Christina.. I am taking Algebra online...something I would ...