Posted by jenny on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 6:48am.
The area of an equilatoral triangle ABC is 50cm^2 . Find AB.
- maths (mensuration) - Reiny, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 7:04am
We know all angles are 60° and all sides are equal.
Let the side be x cm
(1/2)(x)(x)sin60° = 50
x^2 = 100/(√3/2) = 200/√3
x = 10√2/(√√3)) = appr. 10.75 cm
or let each side be 2x
then the height is √3 x
area = (1/2)(2x)(√3x) = 50
√3x^2 = 50
x^2 = 50/√3
x = 5.3728 appr.
so 2x, the side is appr. 10.75
- maths (mensuration) - drwls, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 7:04am
Area = (1/2)*base*(base/2)*sqrt3
= (sqrt3)(base)^2/4 = 50
base^2 = 200/sqrt3 = 115.47
base = 10.7456599
All sides have that length, since the triangle is equilateral.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Maths - triangle ABC is right angled at A. AD is perpendicularto BC. If AB= 5cm,...
- maths-urgently needed - In right angled triangle ABC angle B=90 degree and AB= ...
- maths-areas - in triangle ABC P, Q AND R ARE the mid points of side AB, BC, CA....
- 9th grade - given that a(-1,8) ,b(2,4) and if the line y=4 is the axis of ...
- Maths - Triangle ABC has lengths AB=14, AC=18 and also a given angle of ∠...
- Geometry - Given: X, Y, and Z are the midpoints of teh sides of triangle ABC. ...
- math - B . . . . . . . . . . . . . . C A Triangle ABC is right angled at A. The...
- geometry - Open that link please please help me with my assignments 1. in the ...
- MATHS,7TH CLASS - A RIGHT ANGLED TRIANGLE ABC IS GIVEN,WHERE AB IS 5CM,AC IS ...
- Maths - Triangle ABCis right angled at a .AD is perpendicular to BC.If AB=5cm,BC...