Posted by jenny on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 6:48am.
The area of an equilatoral triangle ABC is 50cm^2 . Find AB.
- maths (mensuration) - Reiny, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 7:04am
We know all angles are 60░ and all sides are equal.
Let the side be x cm
(1/2)(x)(x)sin60░ = 50
x^2 = 100/(√3/2) = 200/√3
x = 10√2/(√√3)) = appr. 10.75 cm
or let each side be 2x
then the height is √3 x
area = (1/2)(2x)(√3x) = 50
√3x^2 = 50
x^2 = 50/√3
x = 5.3728 appr.
so 2x, the side is appr. 10.75
- maths (mensuration) - drwls, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 7:04am
Area = (1/2)*base*(base/2)*sqrt3
= (sqrt3)(base)^2/4 = 50
base^2 = 200/sqrt3 = 115.47
base = 10.7456599
All sides have that length, since the triangle is equilateral.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - AD is the median of triangle ABC and G divides AD in the ratio 2:1 ....
- maths - In áTRIANGLE ABC points P,Q,R arethe points lies inside triangle in such...
- maths - In TRIANGLE ABC points P,Q,R arethe points lies inside triangle in such...
- Maths - In a triangle ABC, D is the midpoint of BC and E is the midpoint of AD...
- solid mensuration - if triangle ABC is equilateral,BD\BC=1\3 and AF\AB=1\3.what ...
- Maths - triangle ABC is right angled at A. AD is perpendicularto BC. If AB= 5cm,...
- sanket study centre - In triangle ABC p,q,r such that they lie interior of ...
- maths-urgently needed - In right angled triangle ABC angle B=90 degree and AB= ...
- maths-areas - in triangle ABC P, Q AND R ARE the mid points of side AB, BC, CA....
- MATHS HELP URGENT.pleasee - The area of a triangle ABC is 126 sq.cm. AC=13 cm...