Posted by shaquifa on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 12:46am.
1) If a total of 13.5 mol NaHCO3 and 4.5 mol of C6H8O7 react, how many moles of COs and NA3C6H5O7 will be produced?
3NaHCO3(aq) +C6H8O7(aq) -> 3CO2(g) + 3H2O(s) + Na3C6H5O7(aq)
2) If 8,00 mol of NH3 reacted with 14.0 mol of O2, how many moles of H20 will be produced?
4NH3(g) +7O2(g) -> 4NO2 + 6H2O(g)
3) If 8.6 L of H2 reacted with 4.3L of O2 at STP, what is the volume of the gaseous water collected (assuming that none of it condenses)?
2H2(g) + O2(g) -> 2H2O(g)
4) How many grams of CO are needed to react with an excess of Fe2O3 to produce 209.7g Fe?
Fe2O3(s) + 3CO(g) -> 3CO2(g) + 2Fe(s)
5) How many liters of O2 are needed to react completely with 45.0L of H2S at STP?
2H2S(g) + 3O2(g) -> 2SO2(g) +2H20(g)
6) If 5.0 g of H2 are reacted with excess CO, how many grams of CH3OH are produced, based on a yield of 86%?
CO(g) + 2H2(g) -> CH3OH(l)
7) For the reaction 2Na(s) + Cl2(g) -> 2NaCl(g), how many grams of NaCl could be produced from 103.0g molecules of Na and 13.0 of Cl2 (at STP)?
8) Solid sodium reacts violently with water, producing heat, hydrogen gas, and sodium hydroxide. How many molecules of Hydrogen gas are formed when 48.7g of sodium are added to water?
2Na + 2H2O -> 2NaOH + H2
9) The decomposition of potassium chlorate yields oxygen gas. If the yield is 95%, how many grams of KClO3 are needed to produce 10.0L of O2
2KClO3(s) -> KCl(s) + 3O2(g)
10) 2H2S + 3O2(g) -> 2SO2(g) + 2H2)(g)
If the O2 was the excess reagent, 8.3 mol of H2S were consumed, and 137.1g of water were collected after the reaction has gone to complain, what is the percent yield of the reaction?
- chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 6:15pm
You can work most of these with standard stoichiometry. Here is a link.
For limiting reagent problems, recognized as such by the fact that amounts for BOTH reactants are listed, are solved the same way but use the simple stoichiometric method twice, one with each reagent. The smaller value of moles is always the correct value to use for the product in these cases.
Post your work if you get stuck.
- Chemistry - Audrey, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 8:24pm
6) is 34 g CH3OH
Answer this Question
Chemistry - If a total of 13.5 mol of NaHCO3 and 4.5 mol of C6H8O7 react, how ...
chemistry - If a total of 13.5 mol of NaHCO3 and 4.5 mol of C6H8O7 react, how ...
chemistry - if a total of 18.6 mol of NaHCO3, and 6.2 mol of C6H8O7 react, how ...
science - What gas do you think is in the bubbles that form when NaHCO3 (sodium ...
AP Chemistry Help!! - How many moles of P4O10 are produced when we react 8 moles...
Chemistry - How many moles of P4O10 are produced when we react 8 moles of ...
Chemistry - The fizz produced when an Alka-SeltzerŪ tablet is dissolved in water...
Chemistry - I blanked how to solve this: How many grams of carbon dioxide are ...
Chemistry - 2) Given the balanced reaction equation predict the moles of each ...
Chem - The fizz produced when an alka-seltzer tablet is dissolved in water is ...