Posted by aria on Monday, May 2, 2011 at 5:59pm.
She was a Phantom of delight
When first she gleamed upon my sight;
A lovely Apparition, sent
To be a moment's ornament;
Her eyes as stars of Twilight fair; 
Like Twilight's, too, her dusky hair;
But all things else about her drawn
From May-time and the cheerful Dawn;
A dancing Shape, an Image gay,
To haunt, to startle, and way-lay
The first line represents a metaphor right?
lines 3 and 4 represent shows which of the following?
Her presence was a fleeting gift.
She was like a bauble that beautified his life.
Her presence was actually an illusion.
She seemed more spiritual than real.
Her presence ended with death.
I was stuck between the first two. But now i feel its the second one because he is complimenting her and she wont go away.
does the last line an example of an litote because its an understatement.
Lastly lines 5 and 6 is an example of a simile right?
- Poem - SraJMcGin, Monday, May 2, 2011 at 7:55pm
Please state the title and poet.
- Poem - aria, Monday, May 2, 2011 at 9:54pm
"She was a Phantom of delight" by W. Wordsworth
- Poem - Writeacher, Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 1:41pm
Wow, you never received any more responses for this. I'm amazed.
I think all your answer choices are correct, but I'll bet you already got your scores on this, right?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Nicola - Hello, I need some help with a few questions about this poem: She was a...
- Twilight - I would like to know everyone's opinion on Twilight. rate from 0 to 5...
- Twilight - I have to do this writing assignment on anyone I want to. I really ...
- english - That time of year thou mayst in me behold When yellow leaves, or none...
- com 155 - · Use at least five adverbs and five adjectives to write a 150- to 300...
- English poem - What is the interpretation of this poem? It's from Seamus Heaney...
- THE TWILIGHT ACADEMY????? - The Twilight acamdy program is an evening ...
- English - Could you please check these sentences, please? I'm not sure about the...
- english - can somone help me compare and contrast twilight and beowolf? (the ...
- 9th grade - the shower is the story in line 1-4 the speaker usesa metaphor to ...