Posted by Anonymous on Monday, May 2, 2011 at 1:03pm.
A couple purchasing a home budget $1700 per month for their loan payment. If they have $15,000 available for a down payment and are considering a 25-year loan, how much can they spend on the home at each of the following rates? (Round your answers to the nearest cent.)
(a) 6.9% compounded monthly
(b) 7.1% compounded monthly
- math plz help me - MathMate, Monday, May 2, 2011 at 4:45pm
The $15,000 can be added at the end to the total purchase price, but does not affect the mortgage calculations.
The formula for the mortgage calculations is:
P(1+i)^n = R((1+i)^n-1)/i
i=interest rate per period (month)
n=number of periods (months)
P=amount to borrow
(a) at 6.9% p.a.,
n=12*25 years = 300 months
R=$1700 = monthly payment
Solve for P
Add the down-payment of $15000 to get
$257,714.03 for the total purchase price.
I'll leave (b) for your exercise.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A couple purchasing a home budget $1700 per month for their loan payment...
- algebra - How would you solve this math equation? this is really confusing to me...
- MATH - In order to make some home improvements, a home owner spent $24,000. He ...
- Math - 4. Vanna has just financed the purchase of a home for $200 000. She ...
- Finance - subject is purchasing a home for $45,00.00 with $5,000.00 down payment...
- Math - 4. Find the monthly payment for the loan. (Round your answer to the ...
- Finance - You are considering borrowing $150,000 to purchase a new home. a. ...
- FINANCE - CORRECTION TO AMOUNT WITH PRIOR QUESTION:subject is purchasing a home ...
- Math - Shantle and Kwamie are planning to buy their first home. Although they ...
- math - Wallace and Sarah purchased furniture for their new home. They had two ...