Posted by Misty on Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 9:35am.
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
"He was preeminently cunning, and could bide his time with a patience that was nothing less than primitive."
Can someone give me an explanation? I don't understand the quote.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 9:42am
Who is "he"?
cunning = good at deceiving others, sly
preeminently = the very best
bide his time = wait patiently
nothing less than primitive = like an ancient or early animal or human who hunted for his/her food
- English - Misty, Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 10:04am
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 11:04am
So ... given the definitions I gave you above, how would you rewrite that quotation describing Buck in your own words?
- English - Misty, Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 11:58am
Buck is good at deluding others and he waits patiently to become wilder.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Biography of Jack London What were Jack London's ideas of the American...
- Reading Skills - This question is based on the following information about The ...
- books - The Call of the Wild: One of the themes in Jack London's book, "The Call...
- literature - has anyone out there read the book call of wild. By Jack London
- Engish - I need to find the statment of life in the call of the wild by jack ...
- 8th grade - i need three traits of Spitz from call of the wild by jack london.
- ENGLISH - The Call of the Wild is a story about a dog named Buck. Buck is a ...
- english - The Call of the Wild is a story about a dog named Buck. Buck is a ...
- Research Paper: jack london/call of the wild - Hi. I need some good sources to ...
- English III Love of Life By: Jack London - Love of Life by Jack London I'm ...