Posted by Henry1 on Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 7:03am.
I forgot to add the following alternatives. Thank you.
1) How are you? I'm well.
I'm going to the mountains in Aosta Valley (to Aosta Vally- a region in Italy).
2) I destroyed/crashed/smashed/broke down/bumped the car.
Are the above verbs possible with CAR?
3) Can you suggest to me a verb which replaces: I had a smash up. (using a car?)
4)he entered her office.
5) It was three days since I met him for the last time (is it possible as a substite for "last"?)
The teacher had written a reprimand to her. (or written her a reprimand)
6) He left her (is it possible with the meaning of ""he dumped her?)
English - Writeacher, Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 7:45am
2. Not "broke down" -- and not "bumped" unless you mean you bumped into another car with yours.
3. I was in a car accident. I had a car accident.
5. It had been three days since I last saw him.
The teacher had written a reprimand about her unacceptable actions in the classroom.
(not "written her" or "to her" because the reprimand was not a positive thing!
6. He left her <~~That words best if you're referring to people who are married. It could work for others, too, if they had been in a long-term relationship. Use these for boyfriend/girlfriend break-ups:
broke up with her
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade geography, France plz help ASAP - which of the following is not true ...
- Science - 4)What geographic feature marks the last obstacle for Georgia's rivers...
- English - 1. My car broke down. 2. My car is out of order. 3. My car died. 4. My...
- english - is this a good narrative essay i wrote? A very good choice The day I ...
- English - I forgot to include the following statements on car accidents. Thank ...
- English - this is my answer to this question is it right. select the sentence ...
- physics - A 500kg roller coaster starts from rest at points 35m above the ground...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. (I'n unsure about the use...
- English - Can you help me check this paragraph? Thank you for your last ...
- History - I need help finding the answers! 1. Which of the following key terms ...