I just wanted to know if the following alternatives are possible. Thank you.
1) An actor plays the part of a character in a film or play/in a film or in a play/ in films or plays.
2) A director supervises and controls a film, play, or TV program/ a film, a play or a TV program.
3) A camera operator operated a camera for film or TV/ in a play, film or TV program/ for a play or a fim.
4) A make-up artist puts the make-up on the actors and actresses in a play, film or TV program/ for a play, film or TV program.
English - Writeacher, Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 7:40am
1. The first and third alternatives are best.
2. The first is best.
3. Too much repetition here; also you need present tense. Try this: A cameraman operates...
Also, cameramen aren't always used for plays; they work on movies and/or TV programs.
4. Both work fine.