Posted by ashley -- on Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 6:22pm.
What is the image distance of a 4 cm tall object placed 40 cm from a concave mirror having a focal length of 10 cm?
Choose one answer.
a. -13.3 cm
b. 13.3 cm
c. -40.0 cm
d. 40.0 cm
- physics - drwls, Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 7:03pm
f = 10 c,
!/Do + !/Di = 1/f
Di is the object distance.
1/40 + 1/Di = 1/f
1/Di = 1/f - 1/Di = 1/10 - 1/40 = 3/40
Di = ___ cm
The object height (4 cm) does not matter when location image location.
- physics - Lafix erassy, Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 11:17am
where f=focal length
3/40=1/v cross multiply
3v/3=40/3 divide both sides by 3
- physics - meme, Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 12:55pm
suppose you place a 5.0cm tall spring in front of a concave mirror. the mirror has a focal length of 24cm. the spring forms an image that appears to be at the same position as the spring,but the image is inverted. where did you place the spring? how tall is the springs image?
Answer this Question
- Physics - What is the image distance of a 4 cm tall object placed 40 cm from a ...
- physics - What is the magnification of a 4 cm tall object placed 40 cm from a ...
- physics - A light bulb is placed 16.6 cm in front of a concave mirror. When the ...
- physics - A 4.5 cm tall object is placed 20 cm in front of a spherical mirror. ...
- physics --- - A concave spherical mirror has a radius of curvature 15 cm. A 1 cm...
- physics - A concave spherical mirror has a radius of curvature 15 cm. A 1 cm ...
- physics - 1)A 5.0 cm real object is placed at a distance of 30.0 cm from a ...
- Physics - A candle flame is placed in front of a concave mirror on the principal...
- Physics - If a 1.75 m tall man is looking at a plane mirror from an eye which is...
- Physics repost - 1)A 5.0 cm real object is placed at a distance of 5.0 cm from a...