Posted by Chrystal-Jhean on Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 5:07am.
The problem is I don't know how to answer this question.
Many writers create characters who are blissfully unaware of how they are perceived by others. One of the most complex examples of this is Chaucer's Pardoner. In one character we see a complex mix of what he is, what he is supposed to be, what he thinks he is, and how he is perceived by others. Trace the way Chaucer achieves this in the setup of the entire Canterbury Tales, and the Pardoner's Prologue and Tale.
Can you help me understand this prompt
English - Writeacher, Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 7:25am
You're being asked to focus on The Pardoner's Prologue and The Pardoner's Tale.
Write about how he sees himself and how other see him. They will be different. It would probably be a good idea to read about what a pardoner SHOULD have been doing, as well. Then you can write your paper contrasting what he is vs. what he is supposed to be.
Read about the Pardoner here:
(Fragment VI Group C)
And read several explanations of what a pardoner was and was supposed to do among these search results:
Then make an outline, having a section for each of the following:
~ what was a pardoner supposed to be and do
~ how the Pardoner is portrayed by Chaucer
1. How other pilgrims saw him
2. How he saw himself
Once you read enough and get your thoughts in order, you should do well. But do not try to write this without doing enough background reading or without organizing (planning) your thoughts first.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Many writers create characters who are blissfully unaware of how they ...
- English - Alright. I'm supposed to respond to this, but I'm not really sure how ...
- English/Sociology - Im looking for some media examples of how women who don't ...
- English - In "The Canterbury Tales" Chaucer uses the pilgrimage primarily as a ...
- Sociology - Im looking for some media examples of how women who don't want kids ...
- LA - 2 questions - Which of the following is the most useful question to ask ...
- english - what motivates us as writers and viewers to create and interact with ...
- English - Can you check these sentences please? Thank you . Thomas Becket was ...
- english - One way we get to know characters is to want to avoid the most. Select...
- Chemistry - Given: Al^3+ forms a complex ALSO4+ in the presence of sulfate... Al...