Posted by jon on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 11:51pm.
Consider the following reactions and their equilibrium constants.
(NO(g) + 0.5Br2(g) <===> NOBr(g) Kp = 5.3
2NO(g) <===> N2(g) + O2(g) Kp = 2.1 x 1030
Use these equations and their equilibrium constants to determine the equilibrium constant for the following reaction:
N2(g) + O2(g) + Br2(g) <===> 2NOBr(g) Kp = ?
CHEMISTRY HELP! - DrBob222, Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 12:14am
Write K expression for eqn 1.
(NOBr)/(NO)(Br2)^1/2 = 5.3.
Now square that.
(NOBr)^2/(NO)^2(Br2) = 5.3^2
Multiply that equation by Keq for equation #2 which is
(NOBr)^2/(N2)(O2) = 2.1 x 10^30
The (NO)^2 cancels and you are left with Keq for the reaction you want and K for the final reaction is just 5.3^2 x 2.1 x 10^30 = ??
CHEMISTRY HELP! - jon, Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 12:28am
CHEMISTRY HELP! - Anonymous, Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 1:16pm
Consider the following equilibrium:
2NO(g) N2(g) + O2(g); Keq = 2.1 × 1030
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Using dissociation constants from Appendix D in the textbook, ...
- Chemistry - Given the following equilibrium constants are given at 377°C, 1/2 N2...
- chemistry - Which of the following statements is not true? 1.Chemical equilibria...
- chemistry - For the reaction 2A(g) + B(aq) + 3C(l)<------> D(s) + 3E(g), ...
- chemistry - Nitrosyl bromide decomposes according to the following equation. ...
- Chemistry - Ranking equilibrium constants from largest to smallest according to ...
- chemistry - Determine the expression for the equilibrium constant for this ...
- Chemistry - Consider the equilibrium 2NO (g) <---> 2NO (g) + Cl2 (g). In a...
- College Chemistry - Given the following equilibrium constants, Ka (NH4^+)=5.6*10...
- chem class - Nitrosyl bromide decomposes according to the following equation. ...