Posted by surfsupmel on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 12:05pm.
1. In The Miracle Worker, when Helen touches her cheek she is trying to ask for
A. a sweet.
B. her mother.
D. a drink.
2. In a play, when the protagonist encounters an obstacle,
A. the exposition begins.
B. the climax begins.
C. conflict occurs.
D. the denouement occurs.
3. In The Miracle Worker, the Kellers allow Annie and Helen to live alone for two weeks because they
A. believe that their interference creates too many obstacles.
B. trust Annie to care for Helen as they would.
C. fear that Helen will otherwise have to enter an institution.
D. need peace and quiet.
4. The climax of The Miracle Worker occurs when
A. Annie subdues Helen in the garden house.
B. the Kellers agree to give Annie and Helen the garden house.
C. Helen eats from her own plate with a spoon.
D. Helen understands the sign for water.
5. All of the following words are archaic EXCEPT
6. In The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, in the balcony scene Juliet says
What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face. . . .
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet.
What does she mean?
A. Montague is an unimportant name in Verona.
B. Romeo should take her last name when they marry.
C. Romeo's name is an accident of birth, not an essential part of himself.
D. It is wrong to fall in love with a Montague.
7. In The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, why doesn't Romeo want to fight Tybalt at first?
A. Romeo is a coward.
B. Romeo is now related to Tybalt by marriage.
C. Romeo thinks that Mercutio has a better chance of beating Tybalt.
D. Romeo is on his way to marry Juliet.
8. In The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, Juliet encounters more conflicts and problems. How does her character change?
A. She runs away from her problems.
B. She becomes weaker and threatens suicide.
C. She becomes more self-confident and pushes away her elders.
D. She confesses that her life with Romeo is ill-fated and wants to leave him.
9. In The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, the audience knows that Juliet is alive. The scene in which the Capulets, the nurse, and Paris bemoan her death is an illustration of
A. dramatic irony.
B. a complication in the plot.
C. a soliloquy.
D. comic relief.
10. At the end of The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, both families plan to
A. go into seclusion.
B. punish the friar for his sin.
C. hold combined funeral services.
D. erect a memorial to the lovers.
- ENGLISH 1 - Writeacher, Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 1:00pm
You should be able to check your answers in one or the other of these websites.
#5 is correct.
- ENGLISH 1 - surfsupmel, Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 1:12pm
#5 is the only that is correct???
- ENGLISH 1 - surfsupmel, Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 1:22pm
Omg did i get all those wrong?!
- ENGLISH 1 - Writeacher, Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 1:30pm
No, #5 is the only one I know the answer to!! And it's correct.
I don't know about the others because I haven't read those works.
- ENGLISH 1 - surfsupmel, Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 1:50pm
Lol oh okay thank you
- ENGLISH 1 - Writeacher, Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 1:55pm
Answer this Question
english - in the miracle worker what does it mean when helen touches her own ...
Literature - Discuss examples of the ways in which door and keys are used as ...
Literature - I need help figuring out the exposition, complications, climax, and...
Literature - What are some key passages in 'The Miracle Worker' that ...
English - Describe symbols in the miracle worker and give examples of them? Is ...
Literature - The water pump is shown and mentioned frequently in The Miracle ...
english - what's an example of an appostion in the book Miracle Worker?
Literature - I still need help finding the exposition and resolution of The ...
English - I am trying to analyze Wendi Kaufman's "Helen on Eighty-Sixth...
english - Using the four basic plot elements from the dramatic plot (exposition...
For Further Reading