Posted by emily on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 9:47pm.
find all solutions to the equation in the interval [0,2pie]
identities trig? - MathMate, Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 9:51pm
identities trig? - Reiny, Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 9:51pm
cos 2x = cosx
2cos^2 x - 1 - cosx = 0
(2cosx + 1)(cosx -1) = 0
cosx = -1/2 or cosx = 1
if cosx = -1/2, x is in II or III
x = 2π/3 or 4π/3 ......I knew cos π/3 = +1/2
if cosx = 1, then x = 0 or x = 2π
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Precalculus - Please help!!!!!!!!!!! Find all solutions to the equation in the ...
- calculus - Find all solutions to the equation in the interval [0,2pi) Cosx-cos2x
- trig - Find ALL solutions to the equation on the interval [0, 2pie]: 2sin(1/2X...
- Trig--check answer - Solve the equation of the interval (0, 2pi) cosx=sinx I ...
- trip - for sin2x+cosx=0, use double-angle or half-angle formula to simplify the ...
- pre calc - cos2x=cosx in interval of [0,2pie]
- trig - Find all solutions of the equation 2sin^2x-cosx=1 in the interval [0,2pi...
- Pre-Calculus - Find all solutions to the equation in the interval [0, 2pi) cos4x...
- Pre calc - Find solutions on interval 0,2pie (cosx/1+sinx) + (1+sinx/cosx) = -4
- Trig. - Can someone please help me with this? Find all solutions to the equation...