Posted by Nancy on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 7:26pm.
A coin jar contains nickels, dimes and quarters. There are 46 coins in all. There are 11 more nickels than quarters. The value of the dimes is $1.00 less than the value of the quarters. How many coins of each type are in the jar?
- College Algebra - Mgraph, Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 8:04pm
Solve the system:
From the 3rd -->d=2.5q-10
The 1st: (q+11)+(2.5q-10)+q=46
- College Algebra - Nancy, Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 8:17pm
solving using the elimination method and identify the system as consistent, inconsistent or dependent.
- College Algebra - Anonymous, Monday, September 3, 2012 at 9:30pm
Suppose that Maria has 120 coins consisting of pennies, nickels, and dimes. The number of nickels she has is 14 less than twice the number of pennies; the number of dimes she has is 22 less than three times the number of pennies. How many coins of each kind does she have?
- College Algebra - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 2:29pm
- College Algebra - Anonymous, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 2:30pm
P(1, 2); Q(8, 26)
- College Algebra - fahengy, Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 9:58pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - A family has a coin jar that is now full. The children count the ...
- Algebra - Solve the problem using matrices. John has a jarful of quarters and ...
- Algebra - A coin collection contains 30 coins in nickels, dimes, and quarters. ...
- algebra - a jar contains $8.75 in nickels, dimes and quarters. There are two ...
- Algebra - Tameen keeps quarters, nickels, and dimes in his change jar. He has ...
- algebra - A box contains $7.80 in nickels, dimes, and quarters. There are 46 ...
- Math - In a collection of nickels, dimes, and quarters worth &6.90, the ratio of...
- math - There are 60 coins in a box containing only nickels, dimes, and quarters...
- Alegbra (Mrs.Sue) thank you :) - Sal keeps quarters,nickels, and dimes in a jar...
- 8th gr. Algebra - I have 3 math problems for homework that are stumping me. Can ...