Posted by mary on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 5:10pm.
The formula for converting Celsius temperatures to Fahrenheit temperatures is
F= 9/5C + 32
where F is the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit and C is the temperature in degrees Celsius. Which formula could be used to convert Fahrenheit temperatures to Celsius temperatures?
C= 5/9F - 32
My answer C=5/9(F+32)
Am I correct?
Algebra - macy, Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 5:15pm
thats wrong the answer is C= 5/9(F - 32)
Algebra - Henry, Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 11:21pm
9C/5 + 32 = F,
Multiply both sides by 5:
9C + 5*32 = 5F,
9C = 5F - 5*32,
Factor out 5:
9C = 5(F-32),
C = 5/9(F-32).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - The formula C = 5/9(F-32) can be used to convert Fahrenheit ...
- math - Consider the following method of estimating Fahrenheit temperatures given...
- INTRO PROGRAMMING - Celsius to Fahrenheit Table Design a program that displays ...
- Algebra. NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE - The formula F=(9/5)C+ 32 F=95C+32 may be used ...
- math - Q. Naomi has a formula that allows her to convert Clesius temperatures to...
- Algebra - Celsius temperature readings can be converted to Fahrenheit readings ...
- math - the formula C=5/9(F-32) is used to convert Fahrenheit temperature,F, to ...
- Physics - On the moon the surface temperature ranges from 395 K during the day ...
- algebra - lola has a plant that grows best in temperatures between 20 and 30 ...
- math - The temperature on one day in January for Phoenix, AZ, is 59 degrees ...