Posted by George on Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 10:01pm.
This is the raw data we got from the river:
The mins it took the tongue depressor to float from point a to b and the depth of the river on those days.
Using area x velocity, I need to calculate the discharge results for the following dates:
April 4 2:52 mins 1.55 meters
April 5 2:40 minutes 1.63meters
April 6 2:06minutes 1.7meters
April 11 1:17minutes 1.86meters
April 12 :59minutes 1.82meters
April 13 1:10minutes 1.8meters
How do I determine discharge?
- Earth Science - George, Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 10:07pm
I coverted the minutes into seconds and here is what I got:
April 4 172
April 5 160
April 6 126
April 11 77
April 12 59
April 13 70
- Earth Science - Ms. Sue, Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 10:21pm
1.55/172 = 0.009 meters per second
Answer this Question
- Earth Science - My experiment was to measure the float of a tongue depressor ...
- Earth science - Can you please correct me if I am wrong or let me know what you ...
- Langauge Arts - What meaning can you conclude from the figurative language you ...
- Applied Physics - An anchor holding a boat stationary on a river forms a 65 ...
- Geography - Which river doesnt cross the Trans- siberian Railway route? - the Ob...
- physics - At the bottom of river there is a lamp. On what minimal distance from ...
- physics111 - a river flows due south with a speed of 2.0m/s. a man steers a ...
- physics - River A & B flow into river C. River A is 40 ft wide and is flowing at...
- ss - 1. To the north, Canada borders the (1 point) Atlantic Ocean. Pacific Ocean...
- Physics - A river flows due south with a speed of 2.00 m/s. A man steers a ...