Posted by mike... on Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 2:27pm.
While vacationing,john has dinner at a restaurant in Japan and his tab
comes to 3,428 yen. The exchange rate at the time of his visit is 1 yen = 1.25
cents. What was the cost of the meal in US dollars??
- algebra - MathMate, Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 3:10pm
1 yen = 1.25 cents.
100 yens = 125 cents = 1.25$
So 3428 yens = 3428/1.25 $
- algebra - mike..., Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 4:48pm
Is this the final answer? Or do i need to divide 3428 by 1.25$ to get the final answer?
- algebra - MathMate, Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 6:28pm
$3428/1.25 is the same as
Yes, you will have to take the calculator and do the division to get the final answer.
Feel free to post the final answer for verification if you wish.
- algebra - Mike..., Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 6:36pm
I came up with $ 2,742.4
- algebra - correction - MathMate, Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 6:50pm
I apologize that I was completely off.
Let's start over.
1 yen equals 1.25 cents = $0.0125
so by direct proportion:
1 yen : $0.0125
3428 yens : $X
so by cross multiplication:
$X = $0.0125*3428yens/1 yen
Answer this Question
- Numerical & Proportional Reasoning - Kendra traveled to Europe and Japan on a ...
- japan - Using demand and supply analysis to assist you, what are the effects on ...
- eco - Assume that American rice sells for $100 per bushel, Japanese rice sells ...
- Econ - Assume that American rise sells for $100 per bushel, Japanese rice sells...
- Microecomics - Assume that American rise sells for $100 per bushel, Japanese ...
- math - Kenyan businessman bought goods from Japan worth 2, 950 000 Japanese yen...
- Math - A Kenyan businessman bought goods from Japan worth 2, 950 000 Japanese ...
- inb but math - How many dollars you have to spend to acquire the amount of yen ...
- economics - As such, you are assigned the duty of ensuring the availability of ...
- Finance - 1. (Covered Interest Arbitrage) Harry Norman, a foreign exchange ...