Posted by elodie on Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 10:05am.
In the standard (x,y)cooridniate plane the graph of (x-2)second power +(y+4 second power =9 is a circle. What is the area enclosed by this circle, expressed in sguare coordinate units?
please help me?
algebra 1 - Jai, Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 10:24am
recall that the equation of a circle is given by
(x-h)^2 + (y-k)^2 = r^2
h = x-coordinate of center of circle
k = y-coordinate of center of circle
r = radius
thus from the given equation,
(x-2)^2 + (y+4)^2 = 9
the radius is sqrt(9) = 3
also, recall that area of circle is given by
A = pi*r^2
A = pi*(3)^2
A = 3.14*9
A = 28.26 square units
hope this helps~ :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - In standard (x,y )coordinate plane,the graph of (x-2)^2 + (y+4)^2=9 is a ...
- math - In the standard (x,y) coordinate plane, the graph of (x + 3)2 + (y + 5)2...
- Algebra - Points A(3,5) and B(7,10) are the endpoints of a diameter of a circle ...
- Math 7 - HW Question Check (Q3) - Kevin designs sprinkler system for his yard. ...
- math - A circle has an area of 25 pi cm^2.If a circle is drawn within that ...
- Ms. Sue - 6th Grade Math-Connections Academy - This diagram is a scale drawing ...
- Trigonometry - 1) Find the coordinates of the point (-1,3) after the ...
- algebra - What is the circumference of the circle if the area of the square is ...
- MATH HELP PLEASE - You are given two different circles. The diameter of the ...
- Maths - 1. In the xy-coordinate plane, point A is the midpoint of the segment ...